As a chartered physiotherapist with almost 10 years of experience, my philosophy is person-centred: my practice is driven by an interest and care for the holistic person, not just the injury or pain you present with.
My physiotherapy treatments are a blend of Eastern and Western techniques. This has evolved through my years in practice and I have found it to be an effective and supportive way of unlocking people’s experiences of pain. Using an Eastern approach also complements the traditional tendency in Western medicine of treating a person’s symptoms locally by adding a focus on the whole person.
When a client comes to see me, we start with an initial thorough evaluation and diagnosis. I carry out a full body evaluation to evaluate muscle, joints, bone, fascia and swelling. Increasingly, nutrition, the environment and emotion also play a significant factor in identifying and resolving the issues around a person’s pain. This integrated Mind, Body and Spirit approach underpins my entire therapeutic approch.
As well as routine physiotherapy treatments, I also use Craniosacral and Myofascial therapies, acupuncture, Reiki, and reflexology. Once we have identified your pain stressor, I will develop a personalised treatment programme to help you on your path towards optimal health.
For more information, please click here.
To download Ciara’s latest publication, please click here.
- Advanced Respiratory Course – The Mercy Hospital, Cork
- Biomechanical Assessment and Prescription Writing -PPL Biomechanics
- Diagnosis of Mechanical Dysfunction & Stability Retraining of the Shoulder Girdle -Kinetic Control
- Diagnosis of Mechanical Neck Pain & Functional Stability Retraining – Kinetic Control
- Fascial Release Level I (Myofascial Release Therapy) – Kerry D’Ambrogio
- Fascial Release Level II (Craniosacral Therapy) – Kerry D’Ambrogio
- Introduction to Sports Injury Management – CPESM
- Kinesiology Taping for Sports Performance -Vivomed UK
- Lumbar Spine – CPMT Postgraduate Series
- Mulligans NAGS and SNAGS – Mulligan Concept
- Muscle Energy Techniques of the Upper Quadrant -Kerry D’Ambrogio
- Myofascial Trigger Point Course – Travell and Simons Approach
- Neurostructural Integration Technique – Michael J. Nixon-Livy
- Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome – McConnell
- Reflexology – Clarence College of Beauty
- Reiki level 1, 2, 3 – Geraldine Nicholson
- Seichem – Geraldine Nicholson
- Sports First Aid and Injury Prevention On Field Care for Sports – CPESM
- Sports Taping Course – CPESM
- The Everyday Shoulder – Craig Allingham
- The Lumbar Spine & Sacroiliac Joint – Clinical Practice Series
- The Shoulder Complex – Clinical Practice Series
- Whiplash, Headache and Neck Pain – Gwendolen Jull
My appointments with Ciara quickly became one of the highlights of my pregnancy. She was so knowledgeable, reassuring and professional and my sessions were very relaxing and really energising. I credit her with keeping me in great shape all the way through to my last week and even contributing to my quick labour! Ciara's unique range of skills meant I benefited from all the medical care of physiotherapy combined with a wide range of other therapies including acupressure, cranial-sacral therapy and osteopathy. I was so impressed with the care I received that I couldn't wait to introduce Ciara to my new baby daughter and for them to have a baby-physio session within the first weeks after birth! I cannot recommend Ciara highly enough and would encourage any mother-to-be to think about attending her clinic especially if they are having any niggles adjusting to their new physical state. Pregnancy is a time when it is very important to have the utmost trust in any person who is giving you care or advice and Ciara is someone who you can have that trust in. I am so grateful that I attended her during my pregnancy, thank you Ciara!— Maria Corbett-14th February 2016
When I went to see Ciara for the first time I was stiff all over and my mobility was compromised. I didn’t know what was wrong with me. After the first session I felt as if I had been set free from some invisible net that was holding me back. On a recent visit to the U.S, my son in law commented on how fast I was moving. I knew that I was getting better and I was really delighted when someone noticed without being asked. Ciara is also an educator. She has told me how I can improve my quality of movement and given me simple exercises which are attainable. Everyone needs a Ciara.— Anne Colgan, Psychotherapist, Clinical Director: The Haven Group. 1st February 2013
Ciara has provided me with excellent support, care and encouragement during the past 6 months pre- and post- a knee replacement. She gave me the exercise regime that I needed to get the relevant muscles prepared for the operation and followed up with a similar regime after it. This, together with a period of hands-on physio has made me pain-free, limp-free and feeling much younger. I knew she could do it! Ciara has been treating me for lower back pain for some time with great effect.— John Welch, Management Consultant, Gorey.
I neglected any type of physiotherapy treatment after a serious car accident in my twenties. This eventually caught up with me, and made keeping fit a frustrating minefield of injuries. However, with excellent physiotherapy treatment, care, and great advice from Ciara, I am now feeling fitter, and more confident in my physical abilities than ever before. It was great to find someone in Gorey who is completely up to date with modern physiotherapy techniques, and who has a great instinct for healing. — Anne Hudson. 15th December 2012